Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 1998 03:07:36 +0000
From:      Shawn Holwegner <shawn@holwegner.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PnP configuration with intel PV440FX

Hello All,

	Please pardon this message if you feel this is in the wrong area,
but virtually everywhere else I checked, no one had a clue.

	I have recently aquired an intel providence 440FX motherboard with
an onboard crystal codec. Everything is working perfectly *BUT* the sound.

	I have supped 3.0-Current to date, and have

controller pnp0
device pcm0 at isa? port 0x530 tty irq ? drq 1 flags 0x0 vector pcmintr
(have tried with port 0x534 where OSS identifies 'SoundPort' as being,
as well has hard coded irqs, not set drq nor flags, etc, etc.)

It does see it:

CSN 1 Vendor ID: CSC0b35...

I have attempted to configure this as follows:

configure>pnp 1 0 os enable irq0 5 drq0 1 port0 0x530 flags 0x0
(again with different irqs and ports), to no avail.

If I boot a non-smp kernel, I can load OSS which sees the codec fine:
SoundPort 0x534, irq 7, drq 1,0. This does present a bit of a problem, as
I am not going to run a non-smp enabled kernel just for this codec, OSS
currently hasnt redefined its useage of _imen to _apic_imen, and I am
nearly at my wits end, as the bios in this evil critter gives me a
resource error when i put an Esoniq AudioPCI in it.

Thanks for any help.

- Shawn