Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 00:09:51 +0200
From:      Morten Grunnet Buhl <no-spam@deter.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: made a mistake with bash path... now i can't login

Bsd Neophyte (bsdneophyte@yahoo.com) wrote:
> i was changing the login shell from sh to bash... but i entered the wrong
> location.  now, i cannot login to the system using that account, which is
> the only accout that i can su to root from.
>
> does anyone know how i can resolve this issue w/o taking the system out of
> the garage, booting into single user mode and manually changing the path?

Do you have local access to the machine? if so cant you just log in as
root? Or have I misunderstood this question completely?

It has been ages since I have used su (I use sudo) but as I recall you
have to have the root password so login in locally as root shouldnt be
a problem?

I hope this helps.

--
DetEr.dk - Rules are made to control the fun.