Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 1999 14:02:14 -0400
From:      Thomas Stromberg <tstromberg@rtci.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel Panic at boot with -CURRENT (last 2-3 days)

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> See my earlier post today, it is due to the PnP probe.
>
> If you boot a kernel which is older than Mikes commit,
> you can boot the new kernel after a soft reboot...
>
> Poul-Henning

Yes, I saw that, and tried to rebuild includes this morning (as per your
reply), and I still had a kernel panic. So I just went ahead and re-made
world, but that didn't seem to help things either.

Just in case it had been fixed after I sent the initial post, I've
re-cvsupped, made the includes, and recompiled GENERIC to see if that
fixed it.. but it still remains an issue for me. Still get that panic
(though it is almost assuredly the problem, as the next event IS the PNP
probe).

This is of course, assuming I'm not misunderstanding something.

--
Med vanlig halsingar,

 thomas stromberg [TRS40/SM0VVW]    : smtp(thomas@stromberg.org)
 systems guru / asst. is manager    : http(www.afterthought.org)
 research triangle consultants, inc :   pots(919.380.9771 x3210)
 http://www.rtci.com                :          fax(919.380.1727)
 FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!       :              icq(17468041)
 BeOS Developer ID: 18330           :              efnet(Mithra)