Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 1996 18:09:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        Yves Lepage <yves@CC.McGill.CA>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MP?

On Thu, 28 Mar 1996, Yves Lepage wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does FreeBSD support multiple CPU's yet? Any plans? Foreseable future?
>
> (talk about quick questions ;-))

	Hey Terry...you should do a weekly cron message out to -questions
for this *grin*

	Yves...Terry Lampert has been working on MP support, but it is
not inherent in the standard kernel, you have to get various patches for
it to work.  I'm not sure how far along it is (ie. I know Terry had it
up on 2 CPUs...not sure about more then that).

	I've also heard that someone at Intel is working with Terry on
this...but that is unsubstiated, in that I believe Terry mentioned it
once, but I could be misquoting.

	Also, I *believe* you have to be running one of the older -current
kernels for the patches to work.

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
System           |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
  Administrator  |                                    | Information and
 scrappy@ki.net  |      WWW: http://www.ki.net        | Communications, Inc