Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 21:16:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tugrul <tugrul@ianai.BlackSun.org>
To:        Robert Nordier <rnordier@nordier.com>
Cc:        axl@iafrica.com, bright@hotjobs.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Booting FreeBSD beyond the 1024th cylinder

> As regards the cylinder > 1023 issue, you can save yourself some
> time by regarding the above information as definitive.
>
> All the current booting tools (see src/sys/boot) do support both
> a.out and ELF.  This applies both to the bootblocks (boot1 and
> boot2) and to /boot/loader.

	I think I poorly worded what I meant to say earlier... nothing in
sys/i386/boot seems to work with elf. For now I built a aout kernel,
catted it with /usr/mdec/rawboot to a floppy and I'm happy :-)
	If nobody else has looked at updating rawboot, I guess I'll take
it on myself to figure it out between semesters in school later this
month.
	Sorry for the inconvience I might have caused.

	Tugrul Galatali