Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:57:58 +0200
From:      Michel Talon <talon@lpthe.jussieu.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Still, no-joy with kdm......

Gary Kline wrote:
> 	Im looking at the kdmrc file but don't see anything wrong.
>	Any ideas where to llook next?

Hello,

i had recently a problem with kdm myself. Running kdm-bin under ktrace
i discovered it was a locking problem. Something changed about locks
in FreeBSD-Stable, and this killed some programs (tin, mutt, kdm, etc.)
who do locking. I recompiled tin,mutt, etc. but i did not want to
recompile kdebase, so i took a kdebase package from FreBSD-7.0-RELEASE
and extracted the kdm-bin out of here. It works on my FreeBSD-STABLE
box without problem.

--

Michel TALON