Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 10:23:34 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        NoahFekts@aol.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: creating partitions

Please don't send me personal questions unless you intend to pay me
for the answer.  I assume this is not the case, and since you're
talking about FreeBSD, you should sign up on FreeBSD-questions and ask
the questions there (send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org with body (not
subject) 'subscribe FreeBSD-questions').  I'm copying the list on this
reply.

On Monday, 14 December 1998 at 16:05:36 -0500, NoahFekts@aol.com wrote:
> i wanna keep win98 around for at least a little while...
> I started to read about the FAT32 filesystem, but of course microsoft wrote
> it, and it's rather confusing...Im just worried that if i put a new partition
> on the drive that has been converted to FAT32, something will go wrong with my
> drive....can I install FreeBSD, and not have to worry about losing my
> drive/win98/FAT32/etc?

I don't do Microsoft.  But FreeBSD will not remove any partitions
unless you tell it to.  Be very careful not to tell it to :-)

Greg