Date:      19 Oct 1999 00:20:11 -0700
From:      Ken McGlothlen <mcglk@serv.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   linux-netscape47-communicator port problems.

I installed the linux-netscape47-communicator port just fine.  And it runs
perfectly from the root directory.  But from a normal user account, the error
message I get is:

	/usr/local/lib/netscape-linux/communicator-4.7.bin: error in loading
	shared libraries
	libXpm.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I don't know why this is.  /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.4 does exist.  I don't have
a corresponding libXpm.so.4 in the /compat/linux/lib directory, though.  And I
can't find a relevant entry in /usr/ports/emulators.

I don't have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set, either.

So I'm a little confused.  I'm running FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE.  Other Linux
binaries (including StarOffice) all work.

Any ideas?

							---Ken