Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 1996 10:08:22 +0200
From:      RYAN DARBY <DARBY1@X400.telkom400.inca.za>
To:        ", DDA.RFC-822:questions(a)freebsd.org, P:TELKOM, A:TELKOM400ZA" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Dummies guide to freebsd ?

Sorry if these questions seem stupid, but I am a novice strugling in
the dark!

I finally managed to get BSD installed.  I had /usr too small and / too
big.  Is /usr mentioned in the install the directory /usr as a subdirectory
of / on the disk?  And is the / in the install /root on the  disk?

Also, I get a WARNING : / NOT PROPERLY DISMOUNTED when I boot.  I logout
and then turn off.  I am running on a standalone PC.  Am I doing something
wrong to get out of it?

Also, is there perhaps a FAQ or giude to BSD on the internet that is
intended for total begginers such as myself?  I am battling along in a
small desert town with nothing but Win95 for 500Km around me!

Thanks very much for your help.  I really do appreciate it.

Yours Faithfully
Ryan Darby
PRINCE ALBERT
South Africa