Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:46:02 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Xavier Galleri <xgalleri@enition.com>
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel memory allocation bug ...

* Xavier Galleri <xgalleri@enition.com> [010125 10:36] wrote:
> Alfred Perlstein wrote:
>
> > I told you about 3 times to provide us with a stipped down source
> > code module which reproduces this "bug".
> >
> > You haven't done this.
> >
> > Therefore I can't help you.
> >

> I did not expect to make trouble to anyone, just sorry for the
> inconvenience ... I am not sure that we could easily provide for some
> code sample on this issue since this could be expensive, but I will see
> for sure (I easily understand that this is easier for anybody to track
> down a problem in such conditions ;-).
>
> That said, I still remain astonished not to get any comments or
> questions or hints or any other reactions about the analysis I have
> already provided. I have seen other mails in this list that exposed
> different kind of issues without requiring code sample to feed a
> constructive discussion. Did I miss something ?

You missed the two other people reporting "bugs" the same week you
began to.  I spend a couple of hours trying to track them down and
they wound up being errors in thier code and not FreeBSD's.

Honestly the symptoms you describe lean towards error on your part.
Even if they are not your error they seem pretty hard to reproduce.

You've been complaining about this problem for at least a week.
Producing some code so that we can test couldn't take more than a
couple of hours and would have probably had your issue resolved
by now.

This is why I'm irritated that you still haven't provided any code
to reproduce it.

I do appreciate your mini-kernel debug howto, I've got it saved
for future reference.