Date:      Mon, 03 Sep 2001 15:18:27 -0400
From:      "David M. Heller" <dheller1@rochester.rr.com>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PHP 4.0.6 - libmysqlclient.so.10

"Kulraj Gurm (bosa.ca Account)" wrote:

> Sorry about the previous html post...... ooops!
> Resolved by :
> cp /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.10
> /usr/local/apache/libexec/
> but this is a micky mouse workaround - still interested in properly setting
> up ldconfig.
>
> The PHP installation instructions include the following linux specific
> adcice - does anyone know how to apply this in the FreeBSD environment?
>
> [snip]
> Note 3!  If you are on Linux and have installed shared libraries, make
> sure the location of these shared libraries are listed in your
> /etc/ld.so.conf file.  For example, if you have:
>
>   /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so
>
> Make sure /etc/ld.so.conf contains:
>
>   /usr/local/lib/mysql
>
> Then run ldconfig.
> [/snip]
>
> I am installing on FreeBSD 4.4RC and get the following error on starting
> Apache :
>
> su-2.05# /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl startssl
> Syntax error on line 20 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into server: Shared object
> "libmysqlclient.so.10" not found
> /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started.
>
> I am pretty sure that the lack of following the instructions and the error
> are related - therefore need help.
> TIA
>
> Kulraj Gurm

If you cd to /usr/ports/www/mod_php4 and edit the Makefile and change
the line that says --without-mysql to --with-mysql and reinstall
mod_php4. I have mod_php3 installed and msql installed and edited the
Makefile  to include the line --with-msql and it worked.

--
David Heller
dheller1@rochester.rr.com