Date:      Sun, 4 Oct 1998 13:59:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      root <root@danberlin.resnet.rochester.edu>
To:        Kevin Van Maren <vanmaren@fast.cs.utah.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG, kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE
Subject:   Re:  hw platform Q - what's a good smp choice these days?

> driver in -CURRENT does DMA now) for under $2k (plus $1200-$1700
> for a nice Sony 21" monitor), with 128MB SDRAM, cdrom, sound, etc.

And if you don't mind a refurbed monitor, go to onsale.
I just got a CTX EX900 with a 1 year warranty (refurbed by CTX) for 320
bucks.
It retails for 800-900.
You tend to bid against idiots there (If a monitor has ultra in the name,
it'll go for more than one with "EO75" in the name, even though the EO75
is the super high end model, and the ultra is the entry level), so use it
to your advantage.
--Dan