Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 1996 19:30:55 -0400 (AST)
From:      There is no satisfaction without Action <vlad@dusk.net>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   X-win. question

Good Day,

I have just installed X on one my machines and
am starting with xdm as root, but then log
in as a regular user.
Are there any great security compromises to
running X as I am, or running X on a machine
that is connected to the net period?

Help would be greatly appreciated, as shell
accounts are available on the machine that I
run X on, thus surely making myself prone to
someone trying something funny :-/

Thank You in Advance,

Christian

--
Christian Hochhold  | Dusk.net Internet Services
   vlad@dusk.net    |     vlad@vampires.net