Date:      Tue, 9 Feb 1999 14:45:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Heads up!  /etc/rc.conf.site is dead.

:>configuration.  Please move it to rc.conf on your system, should you
:>be one of those folks who installed from an earlier snapshot and are
:>now updating your /etc from -current or -stable sources (not likely to
:>be all that many people).  This change will also be in 3.1.
:
:OK; I gather that (by default) rc.conf will no longer be sourcing
:rc.conf.local either?
:
:Thanks,
:david (who is using a moderately recent SNAP for a growing number of machines)

    Sniff.  I liked rc.conf where it was.  /etc/rc, /etc/rc.conf.
    /etc/rc.local, /etc/rc.conf.local.  Simple and obvious.

    Now we have /etc/defaults/rc.conf, /etc/rc.conf, and /etc/rc.conf.local.
    Considerably less simple and quite unobvious.

						-Matt

:--
:David Wolfskill		UNIX System Administrator
:dhw@whistle.com		voice: (650) 577-7158	pager: (650) 371-4621
:
:with "unsubscribe freebsd-current" in the body of the message
:

					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>