Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2007 08:33:17 +0700 (ICT)
From:      Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>
To:        freebsd@dfwlp.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SAS (serial attached SCSI)

Jonathan,

> other than telling him "well this is the new SCSI", i am wondering
> if anyone else is successfully using this technology thus far.

Well you'll have to accept the fact that it is the new SCSI and you
have to run with it.

I bet you will have hard time finding a server with parallel SCSI.

To answer your question, yes, I have one HP machine using SAS disks,
FreeBSD 6.2, no problem so far.

I'd say that one concern with SAS (like with SATA) could be the
connectors (I read stories about loose connectors); in my case, this
is hot swap disks, so there should not be problem. Don't go for cheap
cables to avoid bad quality/substandard connectors.

Olivier