Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 19:27:31 +0000 ()
From:      Pedro A M Vazquez <vazquez@IQM.Unicamp.BR>
To:        se@zpr.uni-koeln.de, hackers@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Solved! Compaq Prosignia 300 :-)

Hi All
	Many thanks to Stefan Esser, I've the Prosignia up and running
2.1.0 with /sys/i386/isa/pcibus.c from -current. I've not to change the
hardware, both the SCSI adaptor and the Ether chip are working fine.
	What I've done:

	1) Disabled the SCSI controler and installed an Adaptec 1522
	2) Booted from boot.flp with -c to change port/irq for the lnc0
	interface
	3) Normal install procedure
	4) Built a new kernel with the new pcibus.c and installed it
	5) halted, reenabled the embeded SCSI adaptor, removed the 1522
	and rebooted.

	This was possible, according Stefan, because the SCSI adaptor
is a true NCR:
	ncr0 <ncr 53c810 scsi> rev 2 int a irq 10 on pci0:12

Thanks again!

Pedro