Date:      Sun, 29 Jul 2001 22:35:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Stable <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [OT] Re: If you think people use FreeBSD for server, you must've been outta school for long long time!

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Gregory Bond wrote:

> >Subject: Re: If you think people use FreeBSD for server, you must've been outta school for long long time!
>
> All I can say is that it is a pity no-one thought fit to add killfiles to my
> mailer.

    Go to http://www.perl.com and search on "Mail::Audit".  :-)

To Sung Cho:  please go out and take an MSF course, buy yourself a
motorcycle, and go enjoy those excellent roads not too far from you
(Blue Ridge Parkway, etc.--esp. VA 16 through Hungry Mother State
Park).  I think it will do wonders for your attitude.

For further attitude adjusting, continue on up to West Virginia and
ride around the New River Gorge Area..

    To bring this back to FreeBSD:  I've been running FreeBSD as a
desktop (except at work :-( ) for a couple of years now, and I've been
very happy with it.  Speed?  Heck, I just pulled 110 MFLOPs out of a
LINPACK benchmark on my 1.333 GHz T-Bird (DDR SDRAM *almost* makes
this box the equivalent of Kent's dual coppermine).  It'll be
interesting to build an SMP box based upon AMD CPUs.  That will
probably also cut my winter heating bill.  :-)

    Praise be to Jordan and the whole FreeBSD team.  One of these days
(perhaps soon), I'll finally make a contribution.

--
Chris BeHanna
Software Engineer                   (Remove "bogus" before responding.)