Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 00:59:09 PDT
From:      "Min Huang" <huang_min@hotmail.com>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mail system question

ISP? hehe, we are ISP, but the admin don't know how to set the
mail system. Can you direct me in more details? For example,
will I modify the MX record in sendmail.cf on mail.a.b.c, or
will I modify anything on our DNS server?
Please reply to huang_min@hotmail.com, I'm not in this list,
thanks!

Huang Min

>From dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu Mon Jun 15 22:54:10 1998
>
>On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, Min Huang wrote:
>
>> Hello,sir
>>
>> This question is about UNIX mail system setup, I need your help.
>> Now I'm connecting to a net, and get a name kkk.a.b.c, there's
>> a machine named mail.a.b.c originally to receive all emails to
>> domain a.b.c , everyone mail to mail.a.b.c or a.b.c will come to
>> that machine. And now when I mail to kkk.a.b.c, the email will
>> come to mail.a.b.c. How to setup the mail system, so that kkk
>> can receive email?
>
>Ask your ISP to remove the MX record for kkk.a.b.c.
>
>Doug White                              | University of Oregon
>Internet:  dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu    | Residence Networking
Assistant