Date:      Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:29:33 -0400
From:      Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_K=F6nig?= <bkoenig@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, bob self <bobself@charter.net>
Subject:   Re: beta 5: make buildworld = internal compiler error

On Sep 19, 2005, at 10:58 AM, Bj=F6rn K=F6nig wrote:
> Chuck Swiger wrote:
>> bob self wrote:
>>> What causes "internal compiler error"?
>> CPU overheating?  Bad RAM?  Power supply going bad?
>
> Chuck: I saw this error not for the first time. It always happens =20
> during the compilation of libstdc++. There must be a kind of =20
> software error or unfortunate coincidence.

If the compiler error is reproducible, it might be a result of a =20
genuine bug in the compiler or something funky with the source code.  =20=

However, if that were the case, you would also see the FreeBSD =20
Tinderbox post failure messages with the exact same error.

If the problem is not reproducible, see the above.  :-)

--=20
-Chuck