Date:      Sun, 08 Jul 2001 22:35:14 -0500
From:      steve <steve@clublinux.org>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup and security

Hi,
	I've been installing a few ports (great tool btw), and I've noticed
that typing 'make install' in an app directory will perform an md5
checksum to verify that the download is legit and not corrupt.  Is there
anything similar done when using cvsup?  Is there anyway to verify that
the ports collection update that I'm receiving through cvsup is legit
and not "trojaned" or altered in some other way?

Thanks in advance,
Steve