Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 1999 19:01:26 +0100
From:      Frank Louwers <frank@zeus.rug.ac.be>
To:        Hans Huebner <hans@Huebner.ORG>, Frank Louwers <frank@zeus.rug.ac.be>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Project Status

On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 06:52:57PM +0100, Hans Huebner wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Frank Louwers wrote:
>
> The only bad thing is that there is no egcs-port
> for FreeBSD/alpha yet.  This will propably change.

Ouch, no egcs? Does this mean I still have to use an old gcc? I remember
compiling things under Alpha/Linux was a pain in the *SS as long as there
wasn't a (stable) egcs!

> The machine is stable (running rc5days since 20 days) and did not show any
> abnomalies.  Go for it if you feel like abandoning Intels 8)

So you recommend it above Debian Linux for Alpha (I am now running a ungly mix
of RedHat and Debian Linux on my UDB, and with Debian 2.1 coming out this
night ....

BTW, how about the PC-CARD drivers? X-drivers for the TGA?

Thanks anyway,

Frank