Date:      Sat, 02 Mar 2013 11:12:54 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-ports-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PDF viewer for "editable" PDFs

Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> writes:

> anyone knows a program that can do this. I use xpdf for normal PDFs,
> but people are using PDF as forms, and acrobat do support it.
>
> Yes i know there is acroread9 in ports, but i would like to have
> something opensource and NOT taking 100% CPU just because i started
> it.

Personally, I prefer letting my computer work harder instead of me, but
even the Acrobat reader doesn't handle all files; it's good to have
multiple options. I would recommend trying several. pdfedit is the main
one for filling out forms.

The annoying situation is when the PDF file isn't really designed for
editing. In that case, the only option I've found is to go in with a
graphical editor and layer my changes on top.