Date:      Mon, 01 Nov 2004 10:15:35 -0700
From:      Lloyd Hayes <lloyd545220-trucker@yahoo.com>
To:        Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: External Hard drive

Yes, this drive works fine under windows XP. It has fat32 file system on it.

When I had FBSD v5.2.1 on this computer several months ago and the
system recognized it fine. But none of the Linux distros would recognize it.

However, I realized last night that this installation of FBSD is not
recognizing my 40 GB Buslink hard which all versions of UNIX has
recognized, including FBSD when I had it on before. I use this drive all
of the time. FBSD did recognize it during the installation process, but
I hadn't looked at it since until last night. It also has a Fat32
format. I'm beginning that SSH is the problem. I did not have it
installed before.

Lloyd Hayes

Email: lloyd545220-trucker@yahoo.com
E-FAX Number: (208) 248-6590