Date:      Tue, 01 Feb 2000 03:21:25 +0900
From:      Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        jose@we.lc.ehu.es
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: some questions about APM

Hi,

> 5. Is the APM BIOS API available for free downloading? I followed a link from
>    the PAO home page to the Intel web site, but it is broken; then, I searched
>    the Intel web site for any APM developer guide, to no avail :( . Of course,
>    I am willing to collaborate to improve the FreeBSD's APM support.

Yes.  I know only mirosoft web site;
http://www.microsoft.com/HWDEV/busbios/amp_12.htm

BTW, we're implement ACPI for FreeBSD, please see
http://www.teleport.com/~acpi/
and
http://www.jp.FreeBSD.org/acpi/
for more infomation.  Now AML interpreter start working in userland.
# your problem might be related with ACPI (APM compatible mode of ACPI?)...