Date:      Sun, 19 May 2013 18:26:34 +0200
From:      fddi <fddi@gmx.it>
To:        Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with port upgrade consistency using portsnap

hello, here is from portsnap.conf

# PORTSDIR=/usr/ports

so it is /usr/ports

instead in my environment $PORTSDIR is undefined.

Here is

/usr/ports/lang/python27/Makefile

PORTNAME=       python27
PORTVERSION=    2.7.3
PORTREVISION=   6

after I did

portsnap fetch update

everythign looks up to date

so ther is something wrong in my crontab

0 3 * * * /usr/sbin/portsnap -I cron update && pkg_version -vIL=

the problem was in portsnap -I which updates only thr index files...

thanks for helping me to identify the issue
cheers

Rick