Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:26:16 -0300
From:      Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To:        Derrick Edwards <derrick@uniquestrength.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems building java/jdk15

+----[ Derrick Edwards <derrick@uniquestrength.net> (14.Apr.2006 08:11):

| 	Hi,
| I am attempting to build java however, I am getting this error message is
| there something else I need to do?
| Thanks Derrick
| FreeBSD 6.1-RC i386 SMP-GENERIC

[snipped]

| Note: * uses or overrides a deprecated API.
| Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
| Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
| Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
| 21 errors
| 12 warnings
| gmake[3]: *** [.compile.classlist] Error 1
| gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make/java/java'
| gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 1
| gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make/java'
| gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 1
| gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make'
| gmake: *** [j2se-build] Error 2
| *** Error code 2
|
| Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk15.

+----]

I know I'm not being helpful by saying this, but I just
finished building java/jdk15 without errors on my box.

I did see the warnings about Xlint, though ... but these
were harmless ...

This is on FreeBSD-6.0, i386 with a recent cvsup and all
ports up to date (meaning that the output of
pkg_version -l '<'
is empty)

My suggestions would be:
i) try 'portupgrade -Rf java/jdk15' this would force
update all ports that are needed by jdk15, so you can
discard that the error comes from an outdated requirement.
ii) if you get another failed build, check to see if the
error occurs in the same place. Bad hardware can get you
into build errors that happen in different places each time.
ii) try asking on freebsd-java@

Fernan