Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 21:47:53 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Dr Daniel Flickinger <attila@hun.org>
To:        Thomas T.Veldhouse <veldy@veldy.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-CURRENT <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.0 as SOHO firewall, gateway -- STABLE?

    I've been running 5.0-CURRENT since it rolled over from
    4.0-CURRENT. Two machines, one as a gateway/firewall
    to a 2.0Mbit wireless link straight out to the net and
    bridge to an 811b internal local wireless.

    I'm on kernel number 281 and have built at least once
    a week. Only once did I need to backtrack after an
    .so change left a pile of missing references about
    five months ago. That was just a nuisance which took
    a little extra time.

    True, I have totally compiled the applications (or used
    the packages) many times, but enough horsepower is all
    it takes --34 minutes to build world.

    However, I am sure there are the usuals who will
    caution you to use 4-STABLE. Enjoy life, live
    dangerously.

Sent: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:26:46 -0600 by Thomas T. Veldhouse: