Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:44:31 -0500
From:      hawk <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   XFree as dist doesn't provide pkg dependency?

I'm now getting erros such as

pkg_add  linux-netscape-communicator-4.76.tgz
pkg_add: could not find package XFree86-3.3.6_6 !
pkg_add: autoload of dependency `/home/hawk/netscape-wrapper-2000.07.07.tgz' failed!
pkg_add: could not find package XFree86-3.3.6_6 !

I used the distribution for XFree and I *used* to be able to install
packages that need it.  Now I can't. Do I install the XFree86 packages
to deal with this?  Which would probably mean doing the symlink dance
again, like I did with staroffice (which needs somewhere near 800mb
of working space to install unless you creatively delete .bins as
it runs. But that's another story . . .)

*sigh* Won't be too much longer now (supposedly).  I found out this morning
that I got the grant to replace this box with a sparc or rs/6000.

hawk