Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2013 14:35:38 +0200
From:      SWENNEN Rudi <Rudi.SWENNEN@onprvp.fgov.be>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   auth.notice on syslog server

Hello FreeBSD-list,

I have the following two freebsd systems/servers: a server and a client. Th=
e syslog of the client is send to the server.=20
I was wondering why the auth.notice entry on my server is generating a sysl=
og entry (/dev/console) when I change to root on the client:=20
Jun 24 12:01:38 SERVER kernel: Jun 24 12:00:32 CLIENT su: rudi to root on /=
dev/ttyv0

Is there a way to "limit" the auth-facility not to log via syslog if the en=
try in generated from a remote system?

Thanks for the response.

Kr,

Rudi=20