Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 17:24:10 -0500
From:      "Christopher J. Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
To:        <rdmurphy@vt.edu>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: natd and MS Network Neighborhood

Russ, what your looking for is a couple things...

#1 when the laptop is back up and running... see if you can connect to YOUR
fbsd machine. e.g.  \\FBSD\SHARE.
 If not then you need to tell samba to bind to that interface also, add this
line to your smb.conf.  I believe I read the netmask right from your email,
if I'm wrong, please correct it.

interfaces=128.173.173.159/255.255.252.0 192.168.173.1/255.255.252.0
bind interfaces only = no

Now you may not be able to see the server in the network neighborhood yet
but you should be able to connect to it from the laptop using \\FBSD\SHARE.

#2 You need to implement cross subnet browsing.  This requires that the
master browser on your networks is a WINS server and also must be a SAMBA
machine.

wins support = yes
local master = yes
remote browse sync = 128.173.175.255 192.168.175.255

If that doesn't work, scratch the above settings and try the following

wins proxy = yes

If that doesn't work I'm not sure what to tell you... I'll keep working on
it since you can test this right away anyway, and I'm really curious.

-Chris