Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 96 21:54:40 EET
From:      mironov@tu-varna.bg (Miroslav Mironov)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IDE CDROM question

	Dear sirs,

	I obtain Walnut Creek CDROM of FreeBSD 2.0.5, and install it
successful from MSDOS partition, but I want to mount my IDE CDROM
for some non-critical data operations. I read, that there a device
wcd? for such CDROM, but I can't find a sample for it in LINT -
kernel configuration file. Explanation in FreeBSD Handbook is too
short.

	This is my system configuration:
	486DX /33MHz
	8MB - RAM
	QUANTUM HD ( wd0 on wdc0 )
	CONNER  HD ( wd1 on wdc0 )
	AdLib, Sound Blaster and Sound Blaster Pro Compatible -
	                                            Sound Blaster
	with IDE (,Panasonic,Mitsumi & Sony ) CDROM interface
	      Port: 0x170, IRQ: 15
	IDE CDROM connected to Sound Blaster interface

	All it works good under MSDOS.
	Please send me some sample or explanation how to config my kernel
and devices to mount CDROM.

 My address is:
 Miroslav Mironov
 9 Vurba Str.