Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:43:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      mike@hyperreal.org
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   boot manager acting strangely

Well my FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE install went alright, but I think I messed up
something when I used FreeBSD's fdisk. My drive slices are set up as
follows:

Drive 0
  slice 1 = 128 MB FAT partition w/MS-DOS 6.22
  slice 2 = 1.6 GB FreeBSD (system)

Drive 1
  slice 1 = 1.7 GB FreeBSD (not mounted yet)

Upon startup, the boot manager first prompts me with:

	F1   DOS
	F2   FreeBSD
	F5   Drive 0

	Default: F2

F1 and F2 result in the floppy drive running for a second, a beep, and
then nothing. F5 results in a new menu being presented:

	F1   DOS
	F2   FreeBSD
	F5   Drive 1

F1 from here successfully boots DOS.
F2 from here successfully boots FreeBSD.
F5 from here results in the message

	.....Boot 2>.

and the system hangs.

How should I go about fixing this?