Date:      Sun, 03 Nov 1996 17:13:03 -0800
From:      Barry Soben <bsoben@gauss.elee.calpoly.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation Problems

I tried to install FreeBSD 2.1.5 from CD and I got a bunch of error messages
regarding how the program was unable to find certain files on the CD-ROM.  I
got a really strange message going something to the effect of "I'm afraid
.... you won't be able to boot.. "  I would have liked to have saved them
somehow, but didn't see any way to do that.

Also, I gave up on installing the boot manager.  I have windows95 on my C
drive.  I have a second h/d partitioned 400 megs DOS (D), 400 megs FreeBSD,
and 200 megs extented Dos (E)..  I couldn't figure out how if/how/what I
needed to do with my 'c' drive (since it boots first) to install booteasy.
Installing and Running FreeBSD is not very descriptive in this area.

Thanks for your help.

Barry
bsoben@gauss.elee.calpoly.edu