Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2000 15:37:46 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        David Daugherty <doc@wcug.wwu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: config KERNEL

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 10:35:57PM -0800, David Daugherty wrote:

> Ok, I've gone through and reissued these commands and I'm still stuck on
> the same errors while doing a make depend && install on the kernel. What
> is the new deal with ppbus?

I can't tell what the error in your config is, without seeing your
config, but when adding ppbus-based devices I usually add to my CONFIG
file the following (taken from LINT):

	device		ppc0	at isa? irq 7	# the controller 'device'
	device		ppbus			# depends on ppc0?
	device		lpt			# depends on ppbus?
	device		plip			# depends on ppbus?

- Giorgos Keramidas