Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 09:20:31 +0100
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Cc:        mheffner@vt.edu, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, alfred@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic: mutex vm not owned

> Please try the attached patch.  I make no claims of its correctness,
> but this e-mail is coming to you via X on -current updated a few hours
> ago so it works here :-).

I tried Dima's patch (the one which Alfred has committed) and I
get an earlier mutex recursion panic, probably when a local progam
that uses shm forks and exits. I scribbled down this trace from
it:

panic+0x70
_mtx_assert+0x67
lockmgr+0xdc
vm_map_remove+0x42
shm_delete_mapping+0xe1
shmexit_myhook+0x29
exit1+0x9eb
exit1

So it looks like those routines are sometime called with the mutex
already held.

	David.