Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 2013 22:08:11 -0400
From:      mikel king <mikel.king@gmail.com>
To:        "Someth San" <ssan@indesyne.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Commercial Licensing

Greetings Someth,

With FreeBSD you are free use as you see fit. Think of the BSD license =
in terms of 'Free' beer and not the freedom to look under the hood like =
some other mock free licenses. If this were not the case then Apple =
would not have been able to derive Mac OS X from FreeBSD and close the =
source of their product.=20

The nature of the various FreeBSD licenses allow for you to do this with =
the exception of some newer versions of the license the include an anti =
relicensing clause which essentially prohibits you from taking a BSD =
licensed code based and relicensing it under one of the GPL versions. At =
this point those sorts of addendum's are rare but definitely becoming =
more popular.=20

Ultimately there is not requirement that you give back to the BSD =
community in the form of your code additions however you are strongly =
encourage to do so, the choice is yours.

Finally I would recommend consulting an IP attorney for a review of the =
current license just to ensure that everything is still as it was =
explained to me a long time ago by mine.

Regards,
Mikel