Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 1998 16:55:32 +0900
From:      Kenjiro Cho <kjc@csl.sony.co.jp>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa <y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp>, Nathan Dorfman <nathan@rtfm.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAO Integration?

  > Second, PAO enhanced irq-pool, dynamic irq-pool. So, pccardd get
  > free-irq from kernel.

>> This is an example of an unacceptable solution rerettably typical to
>> the PAO project - you folks are *too*narrowly*focussed* on your needs.

It seems to me that the two parties don't communicate well.

The new-bus people talk from the view of the entire architecture, but
the focus of the PAO people is how to face the reality *NOW*.

There are too many problematic laptops, pc-cards and bioses.
Many people, especially in Japan, need a solution that works now.
PAO is admittedly a collection of workarounds built from a huge
knowledgebase of everyday-laptop-users.  But these problems can't be
solved just from a clean design.

The two parties should respect differences in their positions.
I for one feel that both efforts are very important for laptop users.

--Kenjiro