Date:      Wed, 06 Mar 2002 16:30:12 -0500
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        Rickard =?iso-8859-1?Q?Borgm=E4ster?= <doktorn@realworld.nu>
Cc:        cd5697@albany.edu, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MPlayer Video output

"Rickard Borgm=E4ster" wrote:
> =

> On Tue, 05 Mar 2002 16:49:07 -0500
> Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org> hit the keyboard and punched:
> =

> > You can run xvinfo to see what (if any) XVideo support you have.
> > IIRC stock XFree 4 does not support XVideo on the Mach64 though,
> > but I could be wrong.  If you don't have XVideo support and you're
> > running XFree 4, you might want to google around for some webpages,
> > I'm sure there are people in the same boat as you.  On Linux
> > it's called the GATOS project, I don't know what it's called in
> > FreeBSD unfortunatly.
> =

> Are you saying that GATOS is for Linux only? Ooops. I downloaded
> and installed GATOS yesterday, and now I have XV output...
> =

> Perhaps I'm not running FreeBSD ;)
> =

> Well, anyway, I have X 4.1.0 on FBSD 4.5. I downloaded those GATOS
> files and installed them as supposed to. And now things work just
> fine.
> =

> But hey... I see why. Those GATOS files binaries...and FBSD has
> linux binary compatiblity right? Thats why it works...

Color me surprised.  I thought the GATOS project just released
binaries (that's all I found when I was trying to get XFree working
with Redhat in the lab).  I would have never expected a binary patch
compiled for Linux to work with FreeBSD.  At least ATI users have
support though, so that's good. =

-- =

  \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
 |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer
_|  _|___|  _| _|_\___| Office: 703-883-7755