Date:      Sun, 6 Nov 2011 23:18:05 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: update - new hal flag to force a full chip reset

Hello, Adrian.
You wrote 6 =ED=EE=FF=E1=F0=FF 2011 =E3., 22:15:19:

>>> Good luck, and thanks to everyone who has been testing my code out!
>> =A0Do you need any help? Maybe, running AP with additional debug output,
>> or something like this?
> Just dump the NF calibration results (sysctl dev.ath.X.hal.debug=3D0x8)
> and crank it up to say, 2 to 5 seconds (sysctl hw.ath.longcal=3D5).
> Let's see what the NF results are like.
   I've sent your these data, do you need more from exactly the same
 setup? :) I could make tests in the middle of working say, when
 environment isn't so noisy -- less APs are seen, and spee is better.

> I have a nasty feeling that the AR9280 series NICs report some rather
> high NF values. The values themselves aren't actually raw NF dBm,
> they're just a dB value - but the fact that it's so high is likely a
> symptom of the overall problem (which is likely that the signal levels
> are all configured wrong when faced with interference.)
  BTW, is here other ATH PCI chipsets with 802.11n? I've checked all
 Mirkotik Mini-PCI cards, for example, all of them are based on 9820,
 with different setups of RF part, some of them are single-band
 (2.4Ghz only), some of them are dual-band, some of them are dual-band
 and have amplifier, which adds some dBs of output, but chipset is the
 same. And the same with TP-Link cards, which could be purchased here
 (in Russia). It seems,

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>