Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2001 11:33:47 +0800 (CST)
From:      Gea-Suan Lin <gslin@infomath.math.nctu.edu.tw>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Cc:        gslin@infomath.math.nctu.edu.tw
Subject:   ports/30516: New port: sysutils/logmon

>Number:         30516
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       New port: sysutils/logmon
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD InfoMath.Math.NCTU.edu.tw 4.4-RC FreeBSD 4.4-RC #1: Thu Aug 23 14:35:48 CST 2001 root@InfoMath.Math.NCTU.edu.tw:/home/obj/usr/src/sys/InFoMath i386

This program will monitor one or more log files, updating when more data is
available ala 'tail -f' , within a common terminal window via a "split window".
User can scroll up/down/left/right through all the windows. A header displays
each frames file name, and number of lines in the file. Very usefull when
watching several log files at the same time. I've tested this under Linux, but
it should work under other Unices. Please let me know if you get it working on
another OS.

WWW: http://www.edespot.com/plaidhat/code/LogMon/

>How-To-Repeat:

	N/A
>Fix:

# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	logmon/
#	logmon/Makefile
#	logmon/distinfo
#	logmon/pkg-comment
#	logmon/pkg-descr
#	logmon/pkg-plist
#
echo c - logmon/
mkdir -p logmon/ > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - logmon/Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >logmon/Makefile << 'END-of-logmon/Makefile'
X# New ports collection makefile for:	logmon
X# Date created:				12 September 2001
X# Whom:					Gea-Suan Lin (gslin@ccca.nctu.edu.tw)
X#
X# $FreeBSD$
X#
XPORTNAME=	logmon
XPORTVERSION=	0.3.3
XCATEGORIES=	sysutils
XMASTER_SITES=	http://www.edespot.com/plaidhat/code/LogMon/
XDISTNAME=	LogMon-${PORTVERSION}
XEXTRACT_SUFX=	.src.tgz
XMAINTAINER=	gslin@ccca.nctu.edu.tw
XGNU_CONFIGURE=	yes
XUSE_GMAKE=	yes
Xdo-install:
X	@${INSTALL_PROGRAM} ${WRKSRC}/LogMon ${PREFIX}/bin
X.include <bsd.port.mk>
END-of-logmon/Makefile
echo x - logmon/distinfo
sed 's/^X//' >logmon/distinfo << 'END-of-logmon/distinfo'
XMD5 (LogMon-0.3.3.src.tgz) = 7ca7ff5715bde733d01ee7e63fa931c7
END-of-logmon/distinfo
echo x - logmon/pkg-comment
sed 's/^X//' >logmon/pkg-comment << 'END-of-logmon/pkg-comment'
XAn ncurses-based split window log monitoring program
END-of-logmon/pkg-comment
echo x - logmon/pkg-descr
sed 's/^X//' >logmon/pkg-descr << 'END-of-logmon/pkg-descr'
XThis program will monitor one or more log files, updating when more data is
Xavailable ala 'tail -f' , within a common terminal window via a "split window".
XUser can scroll up/down/left/right through all the windows. A header displays
Xeach frames file name, and number of lines in the file. Very usefull when
Xwatching several log files at the same time. I've tested this under Linux, but
Xit should work under other Unices. Please let me know if you get it working on
Xanother OS.
XWWW: http://www.edespot.com/plaidhat/code/LogMon/
X- Gea-Suan Lin
X  gslin@ccca.nctu.edu.tw
END-of-logmon/pkg-descr
echo x - logmon/pkg-plist
sed 's/^X//' >logmon/pkg-plist << 'END-of-logmon/pkg-plist'
Xbin/LogMon
END-of-logmon/pkg-plist
exit