Date:      Wed, 4 Apr 2001 13:13:47 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Nate Dannenberg <natedac@kscable.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Silo overflows

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Corey G. wrote:

> With FreeBSD 4.3RC1 I am also seeing quite a few silo overflow messages
> as well.  I never did notice or see these before.  I have identical
> hardware as with previous releases using an external Sportster 56K
> modem.
>
> sio0: 1 more silo overflow (total 57)
> sio0: 1 more silo overflow (total 58)
> sio0: 3 more silo overflows (total 61)

I've been seeing these as well, and I'm using 4.3-RC.

In my case, they are disrupting communication with another machine
attached to my Serial Port, making it difficult for that machine to send
valid PPP packets, at least during the negotiation phase.  Every time it
fails, it happens that one of these "silo overflows" has just occurred.

--
|  natedac@kscable.com              //Z@|___  |