Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 1998 12:44:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jambi Ganbar <jambi@oceana.nlanr.net>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
Cc:        Hugh LaMaster <lamaster@george.arc.nasa.gov>, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adaptec 2940 U2W support

Hey all,
   I have an adaptec 2940U2W controler which I'd like to use in FreeBSD
based OC3MON.  The issues that I'm trying to atack here is the fact that
with a saturated oc3 link we can expect a contiuous write to disk on
38.5MB/sec.
  I know that there is support for the card with the CAM stuff, but I am
relactent to use 3.0 as it might A) Break the oc3mon stuff, B)might not be
stable/secure enough for oiur purposes.
  What I'd like to know is if there will be CAM patches to 2.2.6 or 2.2.5
source trees and if so where and when.
Thanx for the time,
Jambi