Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2006 13:47:05 -0400
From:      "Bob Johnson" <fbsdlists@gmail.com>
To:        michael <micatod@koproject.org>
Cc:        Duane Whitty <duane@greenmeadow.ca>, bobo1009@mailtest2.eng.ufl.edu, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw dosn"t want to run a rule ???? is it possible ?

On 4/1/06, michael <micatod@koproject.org> wrote:
> Thanx for ure answer, u're french is prety understandable ;-)
>
> I'm really sorry, i dont have subscribe to this mailing list, i was
> trying to send mail to questions@freebsd.org-fr and i've made a mistake,
> and the second mail was for another mailling list (what happend this
> evening ???) but if u're able to help me it's welcome.

> This is my problem (sorry for my bad english):
> I've made a firewall with ipfw on a freebsd 6, i sent the rules (ipfw -a
> -d -t list) and the log
>
> I really don't understand why the packet don't match with the rule.

Sorry I can't reply in French, but from your original posting:

00020 0 0 skipto 800 udp from any to any dst-port 53 out via rl0 setup
keep-state
00021 0 0 skipto 800 udp from any to any dst-port 53 out via rl0 setup
keep-state
00022 0 0 skipto 800 tcp from any to any dst-port 53 out via rl0 setup
keep-state
00023 0 0 skipto 800 udp from any to any out via rl0 setup keep-state

I don't think there is such a thing as a UDP "setup" packet, so a UDP
"setup" filter will probably never match a packet.  It might work as
you expect if you removed "setup" from the UDP packet filters.

- Bob