Date:      Sat, 15 Aug 1998 13:30:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Adrian Penisoara <ady@warpnet.ro>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/7615: pico appends "UUUUUUUUUU" when saving...

The following reply was made to PR ports/7615; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Adrian Penisoara <ady@warpnet.ro>
To: digital@nypop.com
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 23:22:43 +0300 (EEST)

 Hi,

 On Fri, 14 Aug 1998 digital@nypop.com wrote:

 > just installed 2.2.7 on a new machine, installed pine4.01 pkg. when
 > using pico and saving a new file or editing and excisting file pico (or
 > something) appends "UUUUUUUUUUUUU" in front of the text or the beggining
 >of the file before any other text. tried to compile 4.02 distribution -
 >same thing happens. when using pine-3.96 pkg pico works fine...

   I've seen this problem reported on the pine-info mailing list, some
 other FreeBSD users had this problem too... Strange, with the latest
 version of the port (4.02A) I cannot reproduce the problem here, however
 big the file is ! I remember to have tried it with previous versions too
 but it still wouldn't show up...

   I need further details; please tell me what version Pico reports (in the
 upper-left corner) and wether you used the port collection to build 4.02
 or you compiled the plain sources ? Could you please send me a sample file
 (before & after) ?

   BTW, please wrap those long lines after 75 chars, thanks.

   Thank you very much for the feedback !
   Ady (@freebsd.ady.ro)