Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2000 17:32:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        Gunnar Flygt <flygt@sr.se>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trying to install 4.0-STABLE on laptop

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Gunnar Flygt wrote:

> Is there anyone else getting the same problems as I?
>=20
> FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader, Revision 0.7
> (root@usw3.freebsd.org, Fri Apr 14 10:03:22 GMT 2000)
> /kernel text=3D0x1d7e3e zf_read: fill error
>=20
> elf_loadexec: archsw.readin failed
> can't load module =B4/kernel=B4: input/output error
>=20

Either you have a bad floppy, your floppy drive is bad (my drive won't=20
read to the end of the disk, giving similiar errors), or you are trying to=
=20
boot boot.flp instead of kern.flp/mfsroot.flp (not likely since you say
you are booting kern.flp).

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar@fxp.org - jedgar@FreeBSD.org