Date:      Tue, 29 Sep 1998 09:11:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dual processor ?

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, William Woods wrote:

> Got a chance to buy this system. What ya think, how well would FreeBSD
> perform on this as compared to a Single P200 chip with the rest of the
> hardware the same ?  I would run -current elf with SMP.
>
>    Mid-tower case, 7 bay
>      Dual socket 8 motherboard, Ultra-wide onboard SCSI, onboard 10/100
> NIC
>      2 Pentium Pro 150 cpu's
>      32 meg RAM
>      Fujitsu 1 Gig Fast WIDE scsi HD
>      keyboard, floppy, video
>      NT 4.0 server

hmmmm... Not bad.  I can't remember who, but I know someone selling
similar (probably same) MB, 2 PPro 166s (the ones with 512K cache) and
64MB ram for about $400. Or at least was, about 6 weeks ago.

Case, HD and NT 4.0 server isn't worth $95 + 32MB ram, smaller cache,
slower CPU to me, at least.

I can't remember where I found it, but it was through either
www.streetprices.com or www.pricewatch.com