Date:      12 Jun 1996 14:09:19 -0400
From:      bill@twwells.com (T. William Wells)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: weird transfer rates

In article <199606121148.EAA00840@Root.COM>,
David Greenman  <davidg@Root.COM> wrote:
: >The question is: since it isn't a matter of load, where should I
: >begin looking to find the problem?
:
:    It sounds like input packets are getting dropped on ux1. What type of
: ethernet card is in that machine? What do the TCP statistics (netstat -s)
: have to say about the problem? How about the interface stats (netstat -i)?

Neither of these show any obvious problems. No errors to speak of,
etc. Hm. I don't know the ethernet card off the top of my head (I
don't work in the office so I can't just look). It's some sort of
SMC, says my memory, and the boot line says something about ed1,
NE2000, 16 bit.