Date:      Tue, 9 Sep 1997 23:56:40 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Do you have some neat configuration files?

> Jordan and I have just been discussing adding some contributed
> configuration files to the distribution CD-ROMs.  I'm primarily
> thinking of .<foo>rc scripts for editors, mail readers, window
> managers and such.

.{zsh,csh,bash,..}rc files too, or is this too personal again?

> One size doesn't fit all, of course, and there's a good chance that
> there are other versions out there which many (even most) people will
> prefer.  So why not supply them too?  If you have anything that you
> feel is worth sharing, please let me know.  About the only thing I ask
> is that the files don't contain too much dead wood (I know mine do :-)

I can try to find time clean up my emacs setup again, if an advanced
and thus large but well-documented, made-for-snatching setup is of
interest.  (It's close to 50k of elisp-code, including some emulation
code for features missing from the emacs distribution but present in
other editors, e.g. making it possible to move between windows split
in multiple directions with ctrl-alt-<cursor-keys>)

Eivind.