Date:      Wed, 16 Mar 2016 12:50:42 +0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
To:        benson chepkwony <bchepkwny@att.net>, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: REF: GSoC 2016 Introduction

On 15/03/2016 12:46 PM, benson chepkwony wrote:
> HI,
> First I would like to download a copy of FreeBSD software for
> Developers, where do I get this software?
> and then I was going to ask, where can I get information about
> Porting, Regressions Test and ATF.
> I am interested with the "Port old-style regression tests to ATF" Idea.

your wording suggests you don't really understand how things are set up.
FreeBSD is "self hosting" which means when you set up a FreeBSD
machine (or VM),
the sources are in that machine and you use the tools in the system to
build it.

You should look at the FreeBSD handbook chapters on downloading  and
updating source,
  https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/synching.html
and  on rebuilding the system.
  https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/makeworld.html

in fact just go make yourself familiar of what topics are in the
entire book :-)

    https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/

good luck and ask questions.. but only AFTER reading the book and the
man pages at
   https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi
  (man stands for "manual").