Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 1997 13:22:37 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Ken Key <key@cs.utk.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: boot floppies for 2.2.5-STABLE that speak PCMCIA?

>    I've been running v2.2.2-PAO on a ThinkPad 560 w/ LinkSys EC2T.
> Per the comments of Nate Williams the past few weeks, it sounds like
> I want to run v2.2.5-STABLE (is that the same as the 2.2-YYMMDD-SNAP?)

No, it's not the same.  I don't believe there has been an updated
2.2.5-STABLE snap.

> get support for my Sony PRD-650WM Diskman (SCSI CD-ROM with rebadged
> Adaptec 1460) to work.

Mine works great. :)

> When I pull the 971119 2.2 and 3.0 SNAP boot
> floppies, the installation procedure doesn't enable the LinkSys ed device,
> which makes it rather difficult to install over the net.  Are there
> different boot floppy images I should be using for a laptop PCMCIA network
> install?

Can you use your existing setup to update just the sources and build
from that using CVSup/CTM?  That's the 'standard' way of updating, and
it let's you continue to update as changes are made once you get things
setup initially.  The handbook has information on how to do that.

I don't know anything about PAO, so I can't say.

Nate